After sending the OTA upgrades, TMobile enabled 3 nice features: WiFi Calling, USB Tethering and WiFi HotSpot. The HTC G2 can be used as a wireless router and be able to accept connections from any device that connects to Open and WPA2-PSK Wi-Fi networks.
Just follow the steps:
- On the Android phone, press Home, press Menu, and touch Settings to open the Settings application.
- Touch Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Check Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Check Portable Wi-Fi hotspot Settings
- Configure the Netword SSID, Security and Save
- Your phone is now a Wireless Router using the Available HSPA+ network.
It seems that T-Mobile isn’t charging extra for this feature yet, but will throttle if bandwidth usage goes over 5 GB within a month.