On August 8th, 2014 by OZ | No Comments | Posted in Internet, Technology
I decided to post a piece of technology for sale on Craigslist, which by the way has not had much success if compared to any other items I have posted and subsequently sold. At first, one individual texted me as soon as the listing was indexed, and offered to send me money via PayPal, including shipping charges. I expressed that I did not accept PayPal, but a wire transfer instead, and then they disappeared:
Read More »
On April 18th, 2014 by OZ | No Comments | Posted in Encoding, Media
I forgot how to, and it took me some time to remember. I decided to itemize my steps in a blog post.
What you need before you start:
- Ensure that you got a video camera that can playback MiniDV tapes.
- A Firewire (IEEE 1394) interface in your PC or laptop.
- A Firewire cable that connects your video camera with your PC or laptop.
- Capture your videos using Windows Movie Maker or WinDV. This will create raw AVI files on your hard drive.
- If you ended up with multiple AVI files you wish to concatenate, use VirtualDub. Append your videos using the Append option in the File menu. Ensure that under the Audio and Video menu options, you select the Direct Stream Copy option.
- Encode your AVI video using HandBrake. Default options are fine (H.264 for video, AAC for Audio). Just ensure that the Deinterlace option is ON under Filters; Slow is fine.
I recommend you keep a backup of both the raw AVI files and the MP4/M4V file you have created. You can even upload them to YouTube (as private for instance) and share it to the ones you care.
On March 22nd, 2014 by OZ | No Comments | Posted in Media
Yes, I was frustrated about this issue, as my [Mix-Cut] albums where not flowing correctly.
This is how you work around the issue:
- Desktop app: Menu / Edit / Options
- Uncheck Gapless playback option
- Check it again
Seems that by default, gapless does not work, even though it is enabled.
Interaction with @SpotifyCare twitter handle:
On May 9th, 2013 by OZ | No Comments | Posted in Media, Miscellaneous
Not the common playlists you might usually find. I have compiled 2 main playlists with some Synthpop, New Wave and Alternatives of the 80s and 90s.
80s Flashback Alternatives:
90s Flashback Alternatives: