I was a little disappointed at first when I learned that I could not have more than 1 mobile device playing songs via Spotify, just the way I can do with Netflix. There are instances where my son wants to listen at home while I want to do the same at work. He is too young to have his own account and it is not worth paying another $10/month for just having him play whenever he wants to, in my opinion.
Luckily, there is a way to work it around. Offline playlists. But you need to follow additional steps:
- Enable the playlists of your choice for offline sync. Wait until they are all synched up (I recommend it as an overnight task).
- Once all synced up, fire up Spotify.
- Go to preferences, select “Offline mode”
- Play your favorite music.
- The other device can now stream from the cloud without disrupting your session.
I have not tried it with 3 or 4 devices, but the process should be similar. Spotify Premium supports up to 3 devices in offline mode (and the PC or laptop being the fourth in “Online” mode).