After ensuring that WiFi calling worked properly I went ahead and researched about USB tethering for my G2. I have tried PDA Net before, but I wanted to use a “native” solution provided by T-Mobile. It is really easy.
- You are likely to need drivers, so download it from here and decompress into a folder.
- Use the USB cable that came with your phone to connect your phone to your computer.
- On the Android phone, press Home, press Menu, and touch Settings to open the Settings application.
- Touch Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Check USB tethering.
- When asked for drivers, point the the one you just downloaded.
- You should be able to connect to the internet at this point.
If your phone is connected to the Internet through WiFi, the tethered computer will use your phone as a gateway, using wireless internet instead of the available HSPA+ network. This is good for computers that do not have a wireless connection and not able to connect to the internet.